In Indonesia, we include rice in our daily meals, as often as 3 times a day. One of Indonesian signature dish, Fried Rice, is originally created to make use of left-over rice.
This morning coincidentally I have left-over rice from yesterday, so I made a simple fried rice for breakfast which made-up recipe that I just invented as follow:
- Cooked rice (left-over is better)
- Chilli, Red Onion, Garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to Cook:
- Chop chilli, red onion, garlic and brocolli into tiny slices
- Heat the oil in the pan, then crack the egg to make scrambled egg.
- Put aside the scramble egg and add oil to the pan.
- Put in red onion, garlic, chilli and brocolli (in order), stir in.
- Put in the rice and scambled egg (in order), stir in.
- Add salt and pepper (and a little bit of sugar if you like)
- Stir in all, and keep in the pan for 5 – 10 minutes (I like my fried rice a little bit crunchy)
- Done! ready to eat