Besides travelling, I have also passion in cooking. But I only cook the kind of food that I like, which is simple, easy, healthy-ish, small portion, but still has a delicious taste. And also to prepare them shall not take more than 30 minutes (or 1 hour tops if I really like the food). Because in my logic, spending more time to prepare the food than to eat it, is quite silly. And we still have to wash the dishes after that!!
So the first recipe that I would like to share here is one of my favorite: spaghetti. Yes, I love Italian food as I love the language and the football club :D. And this recipe actually was given by my Italian friend, but I made some modification in it. The recipe is very simple, no need to prepare the sauce!! I think some people will called it spaghetti aglio-olio (spaghetti with garlic and olive oil), but what do I know about Italian culinary? 😀
Ok so here we go.
Ingredients: Spaghetti, Garlic, Red Chili, Olive Oil, Onion, Cheese (Parmesan or Cheddar), Salt and Pepper. (There is no exact amount for these ingredients, you can have them as you like).
How to Cook:
- Cut the garlic and red chili into thin slices. And also slice the onion and grate the cheese.
- Put the olive oil in the deep pan (because you will boil the spaghetti in the same pan) over the stove and wait until it hot.
- Put the slices of garlic and red chili into hot oil; stir it slowly for a minute.
- Add enough water into the pan, add some salt, and let the water boils.
- Put the spaghetti into the boiling water and cooked it through (5 minutes).
- Drain the water, so only the spaghetti and the seasoning remain.
- Put back the pan on the stove, put olive oil, wait until it hot then put the onion slices, stir for a minute.
- Put back the spaghetti and stir it with the onion for half minute.
- Turn-off the stove. Put the spaghetti on the plate, add salt, pepper and grated cheese.
- Buon appetito!
It might look too simple and you are questioning the taste, but it is delicious and healthier than common instant noodle. At least you can create a delicious taste without msg and it took only 15 minutes to prepare them and not many kitchen utensils to wash after that. Efficient!! 😀